- to demonstrate our commitment to you, our clients and candidates
- to protect your personal information
- to manage it appropriately in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988)
When you provide us with your personal information, you consent to us using, holding or disclosing it in accordance with this policy.
The information we collect
Felix Consulting collects personal information in the course of our work as an executive search and research consultancy.
Typically, this personal information comprises that which is included in a standard résumé such as:
- contact details
- employment history
- languages and other skills
It may also include:
- compensation details
- interview notes
- comments from third parties (referees)
- results of psychometric or competency assessments
- a record of our contact with individuals
While we may also collect demographic information to assist our clients’ address their diversity needs, as a matter of policy we generally do not process sensitive information such as:
- data on racial/ethnic origin
- sexual orientation
- political opinions
- criminal records
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- trade union membership
How we collect and hold information
Generally, we collect information directly from candidates, either from applications or from direct discussions with our consultants. Additionally, we may collect information from publicly available sources and from third parties, such as referees, and results from psychometric or competency assessments.
We maintain personal information in our secure database that is only accessible by Felix employees.
We make every effort to ensure the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We update contact details upon request.
How we use personal information
We use personal information to carry out the tasks related to our executive search, research and assessment practices, including:
- assisting individuals by responding to their inquiries, in their career planning and in securing employment
- matching individual details against suitable employment opportunities
- building professional relationships with individuals, clients or other users of this site
- informing individuals and clients about our services
Access to personal information
You are entitled to access your personal information held by Felix by submitting a written request. We may deny access if it would interfere with another person’s right to privacy, or would breach any confidentiality that is attached to that information.
If you have a record in our database, you can also request that we rectify your personal information, or remove the record from our database and other systems.
When we are asked to remove a record from our database, we retain minimal personal information for the purposes of:
- preventing future contact
- keeping record of the information disclosed to our clients
- other legitimate business purposes
- complying with any legal obligation
We acknowledge and deal with all such requests as quickly as possible in accordance with the Act. You have to provide appropriate confirmation of identity before we process a request.
Review of this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time to respond to the changing environment in which Felix operates, including any legislative changes and technological advancements.
Felix Consulting Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 7031
McMahons Point NSW 2060
Phone: +61 2 8920 9844
Fax: +61 2 8208 9850